Getting Started with NHibernate: Part IV

I've made some major changes to the blog application example.  The users and roles now use custom membership and role providers that supports NHibernate.  Session context is maintained with a custom implementation of ICurrentSessionContext (a new NHibernate 1.2 feature).  The session and session factory management classes have also undergone some minor modifications.  I've also included a very basic web user interface that uses Ajax for Asp.Net (previously Atlas).  I'll cover some of these topics in more detail in upcoming posts.

The attached zip file contains the VS2005 solution and a SQL script to generate the database schema (SQL 2005 or SQL Express 2005 only).

Posted 07-26-2007 3:07 PM by anortham
Attachment: NHBlog.zip

Comments

PartialClass wrote re: Getting Started with NHibernate: Part IV
on 09-17-2007 4:56 AM

im unable to download the the attachment

Bharani wrote re: Getting Started with NHibernate: Part IV
on 09-20-2007 11:34 AM

The zip file is corrupt or something is wrong with it. Can you please correct it?

Thanks.

sean wrote re: Getting Started with NHibernate: Part IV
on 11-30-2007 8:22 AM

hi, thanks for the article, however i was unable to download the zip file.

Billy McCafferty wrote re: Getting Started with NHibernate: Part IV
on 12-01-2007 6:45 PM

Hey Alan,

The zip is corrupt.

Joe wrote re: Getting Started with NHibernate: Part IV
on 03-17-2008 9:47 AM

Alan, very good series here.  The zip is no good though.  Can you please post a valid one?

Chris May wrote NHibernate Tutorials
on 09-16-2008 3:17 PM
George Fitch wrote re: Getting Started with NHibernate: Part IV
on 11-28-2008 10:59 AM

The zip file is bad, but is usable.  Extract the file, rename it to something with a .zip extension and that new zip file is good.

twister wrote re: Getting Started with NHibernate: Part IV
on 12-25-2008 10:57 AM

I cant run the application. It gives error in web.config about roleprovider.

<add name="NHibernateRoleProvider" type="NHBlog.DataAccess.Security.NHibernateRoleProvider, NHBlog.DataAccess" applicationName="NHBlog"/>

Why do you think?

twister wrote re: Getting Started with NHibernate: Part IV
on 12-26-2008 3:52 AM

After some effort I can run it with vs.2008

But I cant still pass login page. Now error like this

"not-null property references a null or transient value: NHBlog.BusinessEntities.Security.User.Application"

in membership providers.

twister wrote re: Getting Started with NHibernate: Part IV
on 12-29-2008 2:40 AM

Again me.

I solved this.

I manually added a record to Database Application table with name "NHBlog".

tim wrote re: Getting Started with NHibernate: Part IV
on 07-09-2009 9:40 PM

I have a Entity Object  which has a IList<T> Property,but when it is  passed to client Proxy object,

it become a T[],How to resolve it.