ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!

OK, so maybe not...but it should be!  I vote we mutiny to have ASP.NET MVC renamed to simply MVC.NET.  It's a whopping 36% simpler to write (if you count the space in the former) and does a better job at conveying the fundamental differences between the two technologies.  If WPF gets its own acronym, then, by golly, MVC.NET should get the respect it deserves as well!

If anyone knows where I should be directing my mutiny, please let me know.  And if anyone cares to join, you're certainly welcome as mutinies are a bit anti-climatic with just one person.

Billy McCafferty

Posted 12-08-2007 11:12 PM by Billy McCafferty
Filed under:

Comments

rarous wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 12-09-2007 2:48 AM

But ASP.NET MVC is stil build on ASP.NET. There is only little dinference in front controller, nothing more. :)

Damien Guard wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 12-09-2007 3:23 AM

And if Microsoft decide to ship MVC implementations for WinForms or other technologies?

ASP.NET MVC is fine.

[)amien

Billy McCafferty wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 12-09-2007 9:55 AM

I don't think my mutiny is going very well here. ;)

Sean Chambers wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 12-09-2007 10:05 AM

lol!

i was doing a post yesterday about the mvc and realized this too. Only us programmers will look for a way to make everything more effecient =)

I'm with you bill! we now have 2 people!!! yay!

Ben wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 12-09-2007 12:24 PM

Count me in!

Evan wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 12-09-2007 12:55 PM

Phil Haack is the PM, FYI...

You should post this to the altnetconf yahoo group..

Evan

Billy McCafferty wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 12-09-2007 1:53 PM

Very cool...I didn't realize Phil was the PM of the project.  Thanks for the info...that'll be useful to know when I have something less trivial to have a mutiny about!

Damien Guard wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 12-09-2007 2:35 PM

Phil is *one* of the PM's...

[)amien

Frank Zehelein wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 12-10-2007 5:11 AM

--- quote ---

ASP.NET MVC is fine.

--- /quote---

Same for me. It is specifically a ASP.NET Implementation so the name should reflect this in my opinion.

Derik Whittaker wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 12-10-2007 8:34 AM

I am guessing the Scott Guthrie could help with this

weblogs.asp.net/.../default.aspx

John wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 12-10-2007 5:51 PM

Yeah if it is currently an ASP.NET only thing then leave it. But MVC.NET sounds better. And Ideally they would make an MVC framework that didn't matter whether your view is ASP.NET, WinForms, WPF or whatever view technology.

We should bug ScottGu for this kind of MVC.NET

Steven Harman wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 12-11-2007 9:27 AM

Yeah, I already tried this a while ago and it hasn't gone quite as well as I'd hoped... stevenharman.net/.../you-cay-mvc-for-asp.net-i-say-mvc.net.aspx

But I'm sticking by my guns and continuing to call it mvc.net :)

Billy McCafferty wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 12-14-2007 1:44 PM

You beat me to the punch!

Adron wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 01-11-2008 6:38 PM

We could just call it Microsoft Controller MVC?  :)

Billy McCafferty wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 01-11-2008 6:41 PM

Or Microsoft Controlled MVC for that matter. ;)

Samir wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 03-13-2009 2:19 AM

I agree. It should be renamed!

ASP.NET MVC is a contradicting name: ASP.NET is a web application framework, whereas the whole idea of MVC is having an abstracted and decoupled seperation of layer technologies - the view can be whatever, not just ASP!

social bookmarks wrote re: ASP.NET MVC...now simply MVC.NET!
on 03-14-2013 12:59 PM

PZqhsR I truly appreciate this blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Awesome.