A new client engagement of mine needs more help! We need a couple Microsoft, web developers to help out from early March until mid-August. You'll be helping me out with ground up development using the latest and best tools for the job including C# 3.5 with VS 2008, ASP.NET MVC, NHibernate, Spring.NET, jQuery, Guidance Automation Toolkit, continuous integration, test-driven development, blah blah blah....whatever's necessary to deliver HIGH QUALITY solutions that meet the needs of the stakeholders. It's a great opportunity! Onsite in Denver or Los Angeles is preferred, but offsite applications will be considered.
Although I'm not associated with ThoughtWorks in any way, their job postings couldn't describe better what I'm looking for...
If you would like to...
- Create complex, enterprise-transforming business applications
- Write high quality code
- Be part of diverse, high energy teams focused on full life-cycle development
- Use the latest tools and techniques (currently .NET, C#, NHibernate, NUnit, Agile Methodologies, RESTful Services, CC.NET)
- Continually learn, mentor and grow
- Travel to client location for a few days a couple times a month.
And you have...
- 5+ years real delivery experience with the .NET framework including C#, ADO.NET, ASP.NET (or even VB.NET...I suppose)
- Experience with object oriented analysis/design
- Knowledge of design patterns, refactoring and unit testing
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies such as Extreme Programming (XP) & Scrum is helpful
- Participated in full life-cycle development, and have had to maintain your own work for an appreciable amount of time
- Understanding of code manipulation and optimization issues
- Familiarity with relational databases, preferably SQL Server
- Experience in a leadership and mentoring role is a huge plus
If this sums it up pretty well for you and you're looking for challenging work, opportunities for tons of learning, and take pride in delivering high quality software, please send your contact information, desired hourly rate (must be included) and resume to "jobapp AT emccafferty DOT com" All considered applicants will be required to submit a code sample upon request; if you're looking for an idea, write a small app that will spit out a listing of customers from the Northwind database along with the number of orders associated with each customer, including a one-to-many association in the domain, accordingly. The sample app should demonstrate how tiers of logic are properly separated.
I know that job boards exist...but I also know that there are great developers that read this blog. So I look forward to hearing from you soon!
02-21-2008 3:22 PM