The problem is, when I tried to install it under FF3, I got the message that it would not run... Here are the steps I took to fix this.
- Saved the firebug-1.05-fx+fl.xpi file to disk
- Re-named it to firebug-1.05-fx+fl.zip
- Opened the zip file, and extracted the file "install.rdf"
- Opened "install.rdf" with Notepad
- Changed <em:maxVersion>2.0.0.*</em:maxVersion> to <em:maxVersion>3.0.0.*</em:maxVersion>
- Saved the file, and replaced the version in the zip file with the new version
- Renamed the .zip file back to firebug-1.05-fx+fl.xpi
- Drag-drop firebug-1.05-fx+fl.xpi into an instance of FF3.
Voila! I have FireBug with FF3! You can also try this with other extensions, but your mileage may vary.
11-20-2007 11:21 AM