The series of posts here was starting to get rather frantic, and I realised that I was swamping devlicio.us and all the other bloggers, and that the comments and discussions were becoming fragmented across multiple blog posts.
So I figured I would pause, reconsolidate, and do this series in a way that can give value beyond your day to day RSS reader.
And with that thought http://DDDStepByStep.com was born.
Setting up the new site should have been simple enough – and within reason it was. Early on I picked Community Server to store the content, it has a good blog system, a reasonable wiki, and some good administration stuff. I got it up and running in “community” mode fairly quickly, but my licence key for the professional edition wasn’t working. Telligent seem under a lot of pressure, and it has taken 6 days for me to get a conclusion to that problem – I now have a licensed copy working. Unfortunately I have wasted a good number of days trying various combinations and tricks – and still have 2 or 3 annoying “bugs” with CS that I am not happy with – I am hoping that Telligent will be able to resolve these a little quicker.
So the long and short of it is, a lot of the time I could have put into the blog pots, has been wasted on the new site. I am hoping the next few days will resolve all of that and let me get back to the real meat of the series.
This blog won’t disappear, and all future parts will be posted in summary here too. So no need to re-subscribe elsewhere.
For the moment, the new site is in flux – if the CS guys can’t resolve my niggles, I am looking at 2 or 3 other options which hopefully will – I’ll keep you updated.
Once again, apologies for the delay.
02-26-2009 10:51 AM