Recently I had a conversation about the best day of the week to go live
with a new version of an application. In the context of my
conversation we were talking about website, but I really don't think the type of application matters so much.
Day by Day breakdown of my opinion
- I personally never like to go live the first day back to work from a
weekend. I like having Mondays to wrap stuff up, perform one last
smoke test, etc.
- Tuesday (My Winner) - I like Tuesdays for 2 reason.
- I was able to perform any last minute activities i needed on Monday
- If something goes wrong, you still have Wednesday to deploy.
- Wednesday - My second favorite day, still allows for a few days of recovery if something goes wrong.
- In my book, this is the last possible day to go live during the
week. If something goes bad, then at least you still have Friday to
fix it without screwing yourself out of a weekend.
- Friday - The potential of screwing yourself out of a weekend is way, way to high
- Saturday - Have you ever heard of Me Time or Family Time.
- Sunday - Have you ever heard of Me Time or Family Time.
you can tell, I am all about releasing updates in a manor that will
minimize the impact on my free/personal time. Let me know what you
think, I am egar
10-12-2006 12:39 PM