NHibernate Newbie Needs Help

See my comments below.... Figured out what stupid thing i was doing... :(

All, I am trying out NHibernate for the first time and I am having some troubles getting it up and running.  I have downloaded the sample app from Hibernate.org and started to look at it as well as other samples from the net.

When I try to config NHibernate in my own application I get an error while trying to load an Assembly with the * .hbm.xml files.  Yes I do have that file marked as an embedded resource.

The error I am getting is the following:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Iesi.Collections, Version=1.0.0.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa95f207798dfdb4' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at NHibernate.Cfg.AssemblyHbmOrderer.GetHbmFiles()
at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.AddResources(Assembly assembly, IList resources, Boolean skipOrdering)
at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.AddAssembly(Assembly assembly, Boolean skipOrdering)
at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.AddAssembly(Assembly assembly)
at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.AddAssembly(String assemblyName)

I am using version 1.2.0.4000 of NHibernate and have the following assembles in my output folder.

Castle.DynamicProxy.dll

1.1.5.0

Iesi.Collections.dll

1.0.0.3

log4net.dll

1.2.10.0

NHibernate.dll

1.2.0.4000

Nullables.dll

1.2.0.4000

Now according the example’s readme I need the HashCodeProvider.dll and iTextSharp.dll assemblies, is this true?  What versions?  Where can I find them?

Here is the code causing the issues.

Can anyone help me with this?

Posted 06-04-2007 7:21 AM by Derik Whittaker
Filed under: ,

Comments

badgrs wrote re: NHibernate Newbie Needs Help
on 06-04-2007 10:48 AM

The only difference between that and my /Bin folder is I also have Nullable.NHibernate.dll No idea if that matters or not, sorry I can't be more help I'm only starting out myself!

Derik Whittaker wrote re: NHibernate Newbie Needs Help
on 06-04-2007 10:56 AM

Badgrs,

I added that assembly and nothing.  Still fails.

Next idea?  Help

Derik Whittaker wrote re: NHibernate Newbie Needs Help
on 06-04-2007 8:18 PM

Ok,

I feel like a dumb ass.  I have all my projects outputting to a single directory.  The one with all the NHibernate assembly's.  Turns out that the test project was NOT outputting to that directory....thus explaining the File Not Found exception.....

I will the dumb ass of the day award...

PartialClass wrote re: NHibernate Newbie Needs Help
on 06-05-2007 2:28 PM

it happens some times. Specially, when u r working on some thing new and complex

hector wrote re: NHibernate Newbie Needs Help
on 09-17-2008 10:05 AM

how you can add a new assembly?

i was trying to implement role provider, but don't work