Today while trying to setup a CC.Net server at my new client I ran into a little issue. I had been using the .86 Beta1 build of Nant (as it is the only build that works with .Net 3.5) and all was fine on my Windows XP box. However, when I moved everything up to the actual server I encountered the following error.
I was stumped, it had worked on 'My Box', but not on the server. Turns out that the official beta release (build 0.86.2898.0) has a known issue running on Windows Server 2003.
After a little bit of googling around I was able to find a thread that points out the issue (here). After going out and downloading the latest nightly build (dated the 2.10 build) I was able to get past this issue. The version of my working Nant build is 0.86.2962, I also have reports from Kyle Baley that build 0.86.2909.0 also works.
Hope this helps someone else out there.
Till next time,
04-03-2008 8:57 AM