Another great gift from Red Gate

photo Every year Red-Gate sends all for their 'Friends of Red-Gate' a great Christmas basket, this year was no exception.  You may be asking 'What is a Friend of Red-Gate'.  This is a great program they started a while back to reach out to the development community ad thank them for their support of their products.  I was luck enough to become a 'friend' because of my affiliation with Devlicio.us (thanks Brendan).

The basket above is what arrived in the mail today and this year was another great basket of goodies.  I would like to send a special Thanks You to Rachel Hawley as she is the one who coordinates all the community effort.

If you are not familiar with any of the products that Red-Gate offers, pull your head out of the sand and head on over to Red-Gate.com and take a look.

Posted 12-12-2008 8:24 PM by Derik Whittaker
Filed under:

Comments

Christopher Bennage wrote re: Another great gift from Red Gate
on 12-13-2008 3:07 PM

I'm also glad to be a friend of Red Gate. It's a great relationship because I am honestly enthusiastic about their products.

Bill Booth wrote re: Another great gift from Red Gate
on 12-13-2008 6:23 PM

Now you have both paid for your baskets so calm down.

Derik Whittaker wrote re: Another great gift from Red Gate
on 12-13-2008 6:29 PM

@Bill,

Not sure that comment was warranted?  Can someone not simply show their gratitude?

Bill Booth wrote re: Another great gift from Red Gate
on 12-13-2008 7:03 PM

Giving you the benefit of doubt let’s say it’s exactly what you say, an expression of gratitude. Wouldn’t the best way to express that gratitude be with a nice thank you to a Red Gate representative? Even if your motives are as pure as driven snow, it gives the appearance of impropriety when the last sentence in your article suggests we “… pull your head out of the sand and head on over to Red-Gate.com and take a look. “  It’s the coupling of the kind words with the receipt of something of monetary value that does it.

Derik Whittaker wrote re: Another great gift from Red Gate
on 12-13-2008 7:13 PM

@Bill,

BTW, there was an email sent to Rachel Hawley by me to say thank you directly.

And as far as that last statement about pulling your head out of the sand, i speak my mind.

Trust me, just because i get a product for free does not mean i will give it a positive endorsement or go easy on them.  Just check out some of my posts about R# 4 beta from earlier this year.