Today I ran into a very interesting issue where my WCF service was not publishing my metadata… but I had the Mex endpoint setup correctly. When I tried to hit my hosted service in a browser I received the following message
I double checked that my config was indeed correct it was…. I was at a loss for a reason for this. Then I started to retrace my config changes steps (because this was working only a few minutes prior) and I remembered that I had removed what I thought was an empty config section which did not appear to be needed.
If you look at the config section below I assumed that since there was not a name on the behavior it was not being used so it was not needed. But I guess I was wrong.
Once I added this back I was able to get my metadata back and test via the browser or the WcfTestClient
I both love WCF and hate WCF at the exact same time…. :)
Till next time,
06-17-2010 7:15 AM