Today I was working on a Silverlight 4 side application and for some odd reason my breakpoints were not being hit when I was debugging. I took what I thought were the right steps to resolve the issue. I …
- Killed the development web service
- Killed and restarted Firefox (3.6.4)
- Killed and restarted VS 2010
Sadly none of these options worked……hum
Next I hit up google for an answer. My blogger in crime Chris Bennage has a similar post here that I read through, and tried. However, this did not resolve my issue. However when reading through the comments someone said something that sparked a thought. That was to attach the debugger to the browser. So I tried this, however that also did not work, but I was on the right track.
In order for ME (and please note you may have a different end result than I did here) was to do the following.
- Start the project without debugging so it would open up in the browser
- Open up the Attach to Process dialog in VS
- Change the ‘Attach to’ options and explicitly check Silverlight (this option may not be needed, but hey it worked)
- Scroll down in the Process dialog until you find something that has the type set to ‘Silverlight’, If it says 'plugin-container.exe’ then you are on the right one (this is what the silverlight plugin runs in when running Firefox).
- Click Attach
- Debug away
Now again, this worked for me, this may NOT work for you. Also, there may be a better way to do this, but this works until I can find the root cause.
Till next time,
06-25-2010 3:35 AM