My first WP7 application (published)

Last week I published my first WP7 application to the marketplace call Recording Studio.  This is a simple little application which allows you to create and save voice notes via your WP7.  I decided to create this because creating and using voice notes is something I have done a ton of on my iPhone and I wanted to build and publish.

Even though I did put a price of .99$ on this application for all intent and purposes it is free.  Right now the only limitation on the trial version is you can only save 7 recordings at a time.  I do plan on adding other features to the product over time so be on the look out for those.

*** UPDATE ***

As of 12/3/2010 I submitted version 1.1 of the application to fix a few bugs as well as create a few new features.

Here is a screen shot of the product in the Zune Marketplace:

image

Download and let me know what you think.

Posted 12-03-2010 8:54 AM by Derik Whittaker
Filed under: ,

Comments

Christopher Bennage wrote re: My first WP7 application (published)
on 12-03-2010 10:20 AM

Congratulations! I'll check it out.

Mike S wrote re: My first WP7 application (published)
on 12-03-2010 6:42 PM

Hi,

can your application record call conversations?  If yes, I would be very interested in doing some business with you mikes  at  trisys dot  com.

Steve wrote re: My first WP7 application (published)
on 12-06-2010 12:46 PM

I wonder where WP7 customers will come in when it comes to paying for apps.

All trends point to Android users not paying for anything whereas iPhone users buy apps like it's going out of style.

Derik Whittaker wrote re: My first WP7 application (published)
on 12-06-2010 12:51 PM

@Steve,

I really think it is about the apps.  If the app has value people will pay if not they will not

Steve wrote re: My first WP7 application (published)
on 12-06-2010 3:41 PM

Derik,

I just don't think that is the case.  Game developers all but stopped making games for Android because they just aren't selling.

This is completely anecdotal, in a brief survey here at the office all my friends who have iPhones have paid for multiple apps, whereas my friends who have Androids (and throw me into that bunch) have very few, if any, purchased apps.

A sample size of 10 (5 and 5) is waaaay to small obviously, but I keep hearing that this is the way it is (i.e. from developers who have stopped developing Android apps entirely because they don't sell).

Derik Whittaker wrote re: My first WP7 application (published)
on 12-06-2010 3:57 PM

@Steve,

I can tell you that i have purchased 5-10 apps already and am looking to get more games (even the higher price ones)

Steve wrote re: My first WP7 application (published)
on 12-07-2010 10:58 AM

Derik,

On your WP7 or Android?

According to Nielson, in the US the number of Android Phones is rapidly approaching the number of iOS phones (with Android outselling iOS, but iOS obviously had a head start).  Yet, you never hear of iFart success stories for Android.  You never hear of any third party apps that are "iOS-Killers", instead all you have is ports of iOS apps.  You never hear of anything about the Android Marketplace.

Here's an article about it: articles.sfgate.com/.../20896066_1_android-platform-google-s-android-android-market

Other things I've read was how Trism, a game that made $250,00 in revenue in its first 2 months on the iPhone made $1,046 on the Android Market, and how Larva Labs had two of the top games on the Android Market and barely eked out $62.00 a day.

Hopefully, for innovation sake, WP7 will be more iOS than Android and that people will be willing to buy apps.

http://links.ginktage.com wrote My first WP7 application (published) - Derik Whittaker - Devlicio.us - Just the Tasty Bits
on 12-21-2010 3:05 AM