Today I setup to use Dotfuscator’s product for Windows Phone 7. Since this was the first time I had used the product I started by checking out the help files ‘quick start’ guide, which was pretty straight forward and easy to follow.
The end result was a xap file which was obfuscated (I know this because Reflector told me so). However when I loaded the .xap into the emulator the application failed to launch correctly. After a bit of googling for the answer and coming up empty I turned to Twitter. About 5 minutes after my tweet I was pointed to this link by a developer from PreEmptive. I read thought that link but nothing there solved my issue. However @bsimser was able to point me in the right direction via some DM’s. But Bil also did a great job clearly laying out what you need to in his posting here.
Long story short is if you want to obfuscate your WP7 application, and you should, make sure you read Bil’s post from start to finish and you should be good to go.
Till next time,
12-31-2010 12:19 PM