Today I added a reference to jQuery UI via Nuget to the rewrite of the Dimecasts.net website and as soon as I launched the site locally I was presented with the following dialog:
Now given the fact that the ONLY change to my code base was adding the scripts to my scripts folder as well as adding the 2 lines to my _Layout.cshtml file which includes the jQuery in the application as below I knew the error had to be w/ the adding of the script tags.
In order to prove my theory I simply removed the script tag which included jquery-ui-1.8.16 and restarted the site. Sure enough everything worked just fine. When I took a step back and better studied the error it made sense to me that jquery-ui MUST be after the jQuery script tag. So I moved the script tag to the end of the list as below and restarted the site.
Sure enough all is right with the world and I no longer have any runtime JScript engine exceptions. Now it is time to make use of the JQuery UI stuff.
Hope this helps someone in the future.
Till next time,
09-10-2011 6:08 AM