Exactly one month after beta 2, I’m happy to announce that Windsor, as well as Castle Core (which now includes DynamicProxy and Dictionary Adapter) 2.5 are officially released.
Single .zip contains the following versions:
- .NET 3.5 (sp1)
- .NET 4.0
- .NET 4.0 Client Profile
- Silverlight 3
- Silverlight 4
Changes, changes, changes
For the list of changes see announcement for beta 1, and beta 2 or changes.txt file in the package. Since beta 2 the following changes were made:
- debugger view support has been extracted to a separate subsystem (IContainerDebuggerExtensionHost) and can be extended by users code via IContainerDebuggerExtension and IComponentDebuggerExtension
- calling IHandler.TryStart will no longer silently ignore all the exceptions.
- added CollectionResolver which is a more general version of ArrayResolver and ListResolver and supports in addition ICollection<Foo> and IEnumerable<Foo>
- fixed issue where dependencies would not be cleaned up when component creation failed
- fixed issue where startable component would be created twice when property dependency could not be resolved
- passing arguments to ILazyComponentLoader (see breakingchanges.txt)
- fixed bug that caused exception when proxied component and it's proxied property dependency shared interceptor
For now we have a single sample application (Silverlight 4 app), created by Hadi Eskandari. You’re still welcome to contribute more apps, and hopefully soon we’ll have more of them.
New issue tracker
While not strictly related to the release, we also deployed a new issue tracker, which should be much easier to use.
The package is here (Core with DynamicProxy and Dictionary Adapter) and here (Windsor with Logging Facility and Synchronize Facility). Enjoy.
08-22-2010 8:56 AM