I've finally got Beta 1 out the door! It has a host of new features and improvements that I'm pretty excited about. Here's a brief list of what's new/changed:
- Improved asynchronous programming experience for actions.
- Asynchronous module loading
- Eager and lazy loaded modules with lazy loaded commands/presenters.
- New isolation options for modules: None or Container-based.
- Scoped UI composition and data storage.
- Two different mechanisms for event aggregation; take your pick. Choose a string-based mechanism similar to CAB or a strongly-typed message-based mechanism.
- Support for triggering actions with routed events.
- Support for action message forwarding.
- IActionMessageHandler for advanced action message scenarios.
- Support for Windsor/StructureMap/Spring.NET and now Unity containers.
- Various bug fixes, including several that caused (the feeble) VS designer to break.
Just a reminder, the project's site is http://caliburn.tigris.org.
My next task is to get some solid documentation in place. We've got everything ready to get going on this, so its just a matter of me sitting down to do the writing. Now that we've finished our book, I should have some time for that. I'll be posting here on my blog when I add new topics to the documentation. You'll be able to find it at http://caliburn.tigris.org/documentation.
04-19-2008 2:23 PM