I’ve put a ton of work into this release and I think we are finally almost ready for RTW! You can get the new RC2 bits here. Please download them, try them and help me squash any final bugs that may remain. Below is a list of things that have changed since RC1, its quite significant:
- Added the official xmlns for caliburn: http://www.caliburnproject.org
- Added a Completed event to IResult (renamed from IExecutableResult)
- Renamed CompositeResult to SequentialResult
- Added a Starting event to IBackgroundTask.
- The filter interfaces have been renamed IPreExecuteFilter -> IPreProcessor, IPostExecuteFilter -> IPostProcessor, IRescueFilter -> IRescue, IInstanceAwareFilter -> IHandlerAware. Also, IMethodBinder was renamed to IMessageBinder and IMessageSupportingMethodBinding was renamed to IRoutedMessageWithOutcome (which caused a change in the IResult interface). The property ReturnPath on ActionMessage was renamed to OutcomePath.
- Enabled Unity, Castle, Ninject and MEF Adapters for Silverlight.
- Improvements to DefaultViewStrategy
- Added parameter and results of message to be bound to Resources.
- Enabled parameter special files to be "dotted" on. ie: $eventArgs.My.Property
- Additional attached properties are necessary: Attach, Attach2nd, Attach3rd and Attach4th
- IPresenterHost's Presenters is now an instance of IObservableCollection<IPresenter>
- Introduced IAssemblySource as a way for any component to be made aware of inspectable assemblies.
- Reworked ComponentInfo
- Added the IWindowManager service for WPF. This enables a model-centric mechanism for showing dialogs and non-modal windows.
- Added the IViewAware interface which can be implemented by a model/presenter if it wishes to be aware of its view.
- Updated the build to compile for .NET 3.5, Silverlight 2.0 and Silverlight 3.0
- Updated all samples so that they has both SL2 and SL3 projects.
- Many more small features and API improvements...
- Fixed tons of bugs...
07-25-2009 4:27 PM