Since our v1 release of Caliburn in October, we’ve had a healthy amount of bug fixes and feature improvements. The community has really gotten involved and contributed in a big way. The result of this contribution is the forthcoming v1.1. As of this post, the release candidate is available for download. It’s a release almost entirely created based on feedback and patches from the community, with very little of my own ideas involved. Below is a list of fixes/improvements if you care to dig into the gritty details:
- Added pre-initialization hooks to CaliburnApplication via Marco Amendola's patch.
- Redesign of IThreadPool. AsynchronousAction will now pass itself as state when enqueing the background task.
- Closed ticket #4672 by making PropertyChangedBase.PropertyChanged virtual.
- Applied jagregory's patch to add single key gestures to WPF and Caliburn.
- Applied marcoamendola's patch for enabling property path syntax with Preview and Dependency attributes. So you can now do things like [Dependencies("Model.IsValid")].
- Applied marcoamendola's patch enabling type hinting for polymorphic databinding in Caliburn.Testability.
- Applied etobi's patch to greatly improve Caliburn's parameter parsing in ActionMessages and CommandMessages. See http://caliburn.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=4644 for an explanation.
- Closed ticket #4826. DefaultWindowManager now sets WindowStartupLocation to CenterOwner for UserControls hosted in windows. Title was enhanced to databind to IPresenter.DisplayName if model implements this interface.
- Closed ticket #4833. Fixed an issue with ViewMetadata and invalid Windows in DefaultViewStrategy.
- Fixed a bug with DefaultWindowManager which caused errors when creating main windows from a user control.
- Improved the flexibility of the DefaultViewStrategy. It no longer requires separate namespaces for ViewModels/Views.
- Closed ticket #4865. Fixed a bug in MultiPresenterManager which affects multiple presenter shutdown.
- Applied sedovav's fix to the Spring adapter.
- Enhanced DefaultViewStrategy's exception to report searched for types when view location fails.
- Applied cheesus' recommendations to add unwire capability to IEventHandler.
- Improved PresenterManager and MultiPresenterManager such that all changes to CurrentPresenter go through ChangeCurrentPresenterCore.
- Bug fixes and improvements to DependenciesAttribute, PreviewAttribute, DependencyObserver and PropertyPathMonitory.
- Added strongly-typed property change notification to PropertyChangedBase.
- Fixed a bug in the SimpleContainer related to generic component registration.
- Added ILifecycleNotifier.AttemptingShutdown which gets fired before the CanShutdownCore method on PresenterBase is called.
- Fixed a bug in AsnychronousAction related to IPreExecute, BlocksInteraction and AffectsTriggers.
- Added IWindowManager and DefaultWindowManager for SL3 and SL4.
- Fixed a few bugs in property change testing.
- Fixed a bug in the MEFAdapter.
- Fixed a bug in the design-time support for Availability Effects in the AvailabilityEffectConverter.
- Updated to Castle Windsor 2.1, Dynamic Proxy 2.2. Added official Windsor support for Silverlight 3.0 and 4.0
- Fixed a minor bug in View Contexts.
- Enabled WPF Action parameters to bind to default event/property by specifying only an element name as the arg.
- Added the Silverlight Navigation Sample to How Tos.
- Created three different build-*.cmd for the major build scenarios.
01-18-2010 10:10 PM