Today I'm very excited to officially bring to you Durandal!
Here's a short list of it's features:
- Clean MV* Architecture
- JS & HTML Modularity
- Simple App Lifecycle
- Eventing, Modals, Message Boxes, etc.
- Navigation & Screen State Management
- Consistent Async Programming w/ Promises
- App Bundling and Optimization
- Use any Backend Technology
- Built on top of jQuery, Knockout & RequireJS
- Integrates with other libraries such as SammyJS & Bootstrap
- Make jQuery & Bootstrap widgets templatable and bindable (or build your own widgets).
I'm also pleased to announce that I've been working with the ASP.NET team to bring Durandal to you as an ASP.NET MVC Template, released today and compatible with the new Web Tools 2012.2 release. You can grab the VSIX, install it and get started very quickly building rich web apps now. If using the VSIX isn’t your style, we’ve got several nuget packages available too. Finally, if you just love NodeJS, you might be interested in using our Mimosa skeleton.
To learn more, please visit the official site, where you will find the getting started guide, documentation, videos, training and commercial support options.
Stay tuned. There's lots to say about Durandal and I look forward to sharing it with you in the coming weeks and months.
02-18-2013 1:32 PM