Durandal 2.0.1 is a patch release containing a number of bug fixes and improvements applied after the release of 2.0.0. There are no breaking API changes in this release and no new features; only fixes. You can find the full list of changes and their related issues in the Changes.txt file found here. With this release we've updated the following assets: all Nuget packages, the Bower package, the VSIX, the Mimosa Skeleton, the HTML and Raw zip downloads and the TypeScript definition file.
Additionally, we've updated the web site with fixes and improvements to existing articles. We've also added some new topics such as testing, SEO and localization. All these articles are now located in the repository under docs/2.x. So, if you want to make corrections, additions or create completely new topics, all you have to do is submit a pull request.
Next, we begin work on 2.1.0. This minor version will continue to incorporate fixes to bugs as we find them, but will also include some new functionality. We will also be upgrading our dependencies to their latest versions. There are some pretty neat things planned, so keep a look out :)
If you are wondering how you can help out the Durandal project, here's a list of things you might consider doing:
- Blog about Durandal: How To's, Tutorials, etc.
- Make some instructional videos and post them to YouTube or Vimeo.
- Speak about Durandal at user groups and conferences.
- Help answer questions in the google group.
- Follow the official Durandal twitter account: @durandaljs.
- Star the Durandal project on GitHub.
- Tweet about Durandal.
- Consider donating or purchasing commercial support during your project.
- Build awesome apps and tell everyone about it!
If you blog, speak publicly or make videos, please let me know and I will be glad to help get the word out. Thanks to everyone who contributed pull requests, reported bugs and made suggestions. This release wouldn't have happened without you!
10-23-2013 9:10 AM