Jet Brains Development Academy Welcomes Another

image A few years ago I was introduced to ReSharper (JetBrains) from a co-worker (Thanks Grant!).  Having always been one who desires to move more quickly through code and take advantage of any shortcut I can, ReSharper felt like "coming home".

Last week I was invited to be part of their development academy as a an academy expert.  For those of you not aware of this hidden gem that JetBrains has created:

Members of the Academy are recognized experts in various areas of software development. They contribute to Java and .NET communities by advocating best development practices through formal and informal publications and meetings, and serve as a versatile source of expertise.

I'll be entirely honest and say that I don't consider myself an "expert" in anything, let alone ReSharper.  Yes, ReSharper is an integral piece of my development environment and an extension of my finger tips, but I'm always coming across new key commands or features that were always sitting there, begging me to use them, making me realize, I can stretch this tool a bit more (or is it the other way around?).

The reason I'm so fond of ReSharper is that development tools litter the .NET space.  This is plainly visible by picking up a magazine and thumbing through it, taking notice to all of the component manufacturers and tools available.  The quality and usefulness of some of these tools can often be called into question.  ReSharper, however, is a pleasure to work with.  Even in it's memory hogging days (around version 4.0) I didn't mind it so much, the productivity gain was entirely worth it (version 4.5 works beautifully).  There are tools that I like having and tools that I must have.  Had the company I work for not purchased ReSharper, I would have paid for it out of my own pocket.  I can't say that for a great number of tools out there.

Posted 08-11-2009 9:55 PM by Tim Barcz
Filed under: ,

Comments

Chris Missal wrote re: Jet Brains Development Academy Welcomes Another
on 08-12-2009 1:32 AM

Very cool, congrats Tim!

Tuna Toksoz wrote re: Jet Brains Development Academy Welcomes Another
on 08-12-2009 1:59 AM

Congrats, Deveep :)

Graham wrote re: Jet Brains Development Academy Welcomes Another
on 08-12-2009 3:56 AM

I do pay for it out of my own pocket!

Aliensinfotech wrote re: Jet Brains Development Academy Welcomes Another
on 08-13-2009 7:16 AM

Computers are now invariably used in every area of business. It   is being seen as a symbol of pride and if activities are automated it will save the much needed time and energy. Your article highlighted the importance of developing Software for minimizing Users  intervention. We also understood the various issues associated with software development like portability, reliability, response time etc.

Tomasz Modelski wrote re: Jet Brains Development Academy Welcomes Another
on 09-19-2009 7:47 AM

I payed for ReSharper my own money and I'm really glad of that. I'm using it for more over year and those 100 (? don't remember) euros is little cost for all benefits I've got.

Even such simple foreach loop is a few keystrokes with ReShaprer, with intelli - list of collections in current scope.

Social bookmarks wrote re: Jet Brains Development Academy Welcomes Another
on 03-25-2013 12:08 AM

TFGyJo A round of applause for your blog post.Really thank you!

best linkbuilding wrote re: Jet Brains Development Academy Welcomes Another
on 10-01-2013 10:22 AM

19afzc Very good article post.Much thanks again. Fantastic.