UPDATE: I have added subscription donors/contributors who made this possible.
UPDATE: Our friends from LosTechies also wanted to participate, and they donated a number of licenses (6 and counting). Thank you guys!
In an internal discussion we had, an interesting idea popped up. MVP bloggers we had at CodeBetter/Devlicio.us were generous enough to donate some of their MSDN subscriptions they were given as part of MVP program. Then the cool kids at LosTechies stepped in, and donated a number of licenses as well! Currently we have 13-16 licenses available, and this number may change depending on the demand and outside donations. The subscriptions are for one year.
We decided to give them away to successful/promising OSS projects that are in need of licenses. The rules are simple.
- The project has to be opensource
- The project has to be in need of MSDN license. We’ll trust your word in this.
- The selection will be based on our discretion, we’ll do our best on being fair.
- We may change the number of licenses available during the selection progress.
You can send me an email (tehlike (hat) gmail (hot) com) with title starting with [CDL/MSDN] (or [CD/MSDN]), or DM me on twitter (@tehlike) if you want to participate. You have to include
- Public URL for the project page
- Your name and your position in the project
It wouldn’t have been possible with the help of following fellow bloggers. Thanks to Codebetter Crew: Ben Hall, Ward Bell, James Kovacs. Devlicious Crew: Hadi Hariri, Christopher Bennage, Tim Barcz, Rob Reynolds. Lostechies Crew: Eric Hexter, Jimmy Bogard, Keith Dahlby
07-27-2010 2:46 PM